In the technological world, we know that there is no technology that provides 100% security. However, there are good practices that allow you to increase the security of your account, thus making cyber-attacks and scams more difficult.
- Update antivirus software and perform regular scans.
- It is recommended that you update your antivirus software periodically. By keeping the antivirus up to date, you can have the vendor's database with up-to-date recognition of viruses in the Internet world.
- Scan or sweep with the antivirus at least once a week.
- Keep your software and operating system up to date with the latest updates.
- Do not immediately click on links received by SMS, email or social networks. Always be suspicious.
- Use official/original operating systems and applications.
- Be careful with the files you download to your devices.
One of the main objectives of cybercriminals is to trick people into downloading malware, programs or applications containing viruses in an attempt to steal information.
Malware is usually disguised as popular games, traffic reports, weather or entertainment services.